[rabbitmq-discuss] persist to disk feature

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Wed Aug 4 13:45:07 BST 2010

On 03/08/10 23:17, James Geary wrote:
> I am having trouble finding out any information on the
> persist-to-disk feature. Has this been released, or is it on it's
> way? I can find a number of threads going back to last year, but
> nothing saying that it had been released, or how to configure it. We
> love the performance of rabbitmq, but to make it really work for our
> business, we need to be able to queue millions of messages, without
> risk of the server running out of memory, and crashing.

Hi James.

The new persister was in QA for a long time, and therefore had to be
built from a branch in Mercurial. As of a week or so ago, it's been
merged into default; you still have to build from Mercurial but from the
default branch.

This also means it will be in the next release, so if you can wait
that's certainly the easiest way to get it.

Assuming you're using a build with it in at all, there's no
configuration to do: it just works.

Cheers, Simon
--
Simon MacMullen