[rabbitmq-discuss] Silverlight application with RabbitMQ

Aernouts Jens aernouts_jens at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 29 12:54:55 BST 2010

> Jens,
>
> I have to admit at this point that I'm not an expert -- or even a gifted
> amateur -- at running RabbitMQ on Windows.  I'll try to help out.
>
>> So there is an error when starting the exchange recovery module. Maybe a
>> little bug?
>
> Yes, but likely my packaging or some other circumstance rather than
> RabbitMQ.  Exchange recovery really ought not to be a problem.
>
> Did you start from a fresh database?  i.e., was
> c:/Users/Compufreak/AppData/Roaming/RabbitMQ/db/rabbit-mnesia missing or
> empty before you started RabbitMQ?

@ Michael: No, I didn't delete that map (Didn't know I had to!). I just
retried it and after deleting that map it works! Thank you for that..
@ Gustavo: I'm just someone who uses RabbitMQ, I don't know when the new
version will be released.
@ Tony: About STOMP: how can our client send a content-length header to the
server? We can use the content-length header at our client, but not at the
server I think... Can you give some more info about this please?

I'm currently compiling the client project against the Silverlight runtime,
and it seems to work. At this moment, I just rewrote the things we really
need (this needs to be fixed as fast as possible), but I'm going to fix the
other problems too.
I just managed to compile the whole project and I'm testing the dll right
now, but there's another problem. Some of the projects I use are precompiled
(I use DLL files for them), and they use a RabbitMQ.client DLL with these
specifications:

// Assembly RabbitMQ.Client, Version 1.7.2.0
Location:
E:\Jens\School\BAP\Tracker\LocONCommunication\LocONCommunication.Web\App_Data\DLL\RabbitMQ.Client.dll
Name: RabbitMQ.Client, Version=1.7.2.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=89e7d7c5feba84ce
Type: Library

When I compiled my version of that client, I find these specifications:

// Assembly RabbitMQ.Client, Version 0.0.0.0
Location: E:\Jens\School\BAP\Tracker\Silverlight dlls\Not
Silverlight\RabbitMQ.Client.dll
Name: RabbitMQ.Client, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Type: Library

So when my program links to the RabbitMQ.Client.dll file, I get an error
that it can't find the right one...
What should I do to compile it with the right PublicKeyToken and the right
version Number?

Kind Regards

Jens Aernouts – Student Bachelor of Applied Engineering @ Artesis University
College of Antwerp