[rabbitmq-discuss] Interesting error in RabbitMQ logs -- path issue?

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Tue Apr 27 19:04:29 BST 2010

Jason,

Jason Dusek wrote:
>   I am having some trouble with RabbitMQ -- the message in the
>   logs is:
>
>     =ERROR REPORT==== 27-Apr-2010::10:37:23 ===
>     ** Generic server <0.205.0> terminating
>     ** Last message in was {'$gen_cast',init}
>     ** When Server state == {...
>                              ...many lines...
>                              ...}
>
>     ** Reason for termination ==
>     ** {'function not exported',[{random,seed,[{1272,389638,154772}]},
>                                  {rabbit_shovel_worker,handle_cast,2},
>                                  {gen_server2,handle_msg,7},
>                                  {proc_lib,init_p_do_apply,3}]}

The above complains about an unexported function random:seed/1, used by
the shovel plug-in. That function only became part of the public API in
Erlang/OTP R13B01. I suspect you are running an older version.

I have filed a bug to get the shovel code changed so it works with older
versions of Erlang too. Meanwhile, perhaps you could upgrade to R13B01
or higher on that machine? Certainly if, as you say, you are planning to
use SSL we'd recommend running R13B02 or R13B03.

Regards,

Matthias.