[rabbitmq-discuss] Connection.createChannel returns null

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 00:18:24 BST 2009

Siva,

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 11:42 PM, Siva Jagadeesan <siva at runa.com> wrote:
> For some reason when I create a channel using connection.createChannel it is
> returning null. When I throw that connection and create a new connection ...
> from then on it returns a channel for one time ... so i have to discard my
> connection and create new connection every time I create channel.
> I do not know why createChannel returns null.

There is one known issue with createChannel returning null, which has
been fixed in 1.7.0.

This is documented here:
http://hopper.squarespace.com/blog/2009/8/31/hotspot-arithmetic.html

However, this may not be the cause in your case.

Please can you send a cut down version of the code that reproduces the symptom.

Ben