[rabbitmq-discuss] Publish with immediate for dynamic worker creation?

Robert Raschke rtrlists at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 7 16:34:20 BST 2009

Hi Matthias,

On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 2:24 PM, Matthias Radestock <matthias at lshift.net>wrote:

> An alternative approach would be to monitor the queue length (e.g. by
> issuing a passive queue.declare) and create/destroy workers based on that
> information. That way queues can still do queuing, which helps in smoothing
> out temporary spikes.
>

> Regards,
>
> Matthias.

I was trying hard (maybe a little too hard :) not to have any busy loops in
my code.

Getting used to dynamic queues will take me a bit of time. It's ever so
slightly too flexible. I've read about various usage scenarios in various
blogs. But in general, they all tend to be a bit on the generic and vague
side. Does anyone have pointers to real life writeups? I guess I should
attempt to find time to write one myself, once my project is nearing
completion.

Thanks,
Robby