[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbit disk_mode branch eating up all RAM, including swap, dying

Matthew Sackman matthew at lshift.net
Tue Oct 6 17:41:17 BST 2009

On Tue, Oct 06, 2009 at 10:31:06AM -0500, tsuraan wrote:
> Ok, thanks for the info.  Would it be possible to have a page where
> the most active bug numbers are explained, or a blog entry or two on
> lshift that explains them?  You guys are really responsive on this
> list, but sometimes it would be cool to be able to find information
> without just asking you :)

The short answer is no. The reason is that as a rule, we don't really
like advertising what is on each branch because we would prefer for
people to stick with official releases, or the default branch, unless
they have very good reasons. As soon as we start putting lists up of
what is in what branch, people will use those branches, which makes life
much much harder for us, in terms of offering meaningful support. People
may then be tempted to start merging branches together to get the mix of
features they want... this would rapidly descend into disaster.

Any branch that has been merged into default is considered QA'd and
finished. There are very few long running branches outside of default -
the new persister work, and the AMQP 0.9.1 work are two obvious
examples.

Matthew