[rabbitmq-discuss] Compiling under Windows Vista

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Mon Nov 23 21:34:16 GMT 2009

Michael,

mjustin wrote:
> this is my first try to compile RabbitMQ on Windows 7. It looks like I need
> some additional software and maybe making some mistakes.

I see you are actually trying to compile all the plug-ins, as well as
RabbitMQ itself. I highly recommend you find a Unix system, preferably
Debian-based, to do that.

You will likely run into quite a few issues attempting to compile
RabbitMQ on Windows. It's not something we are planning to support. The
only exception is the .net client, which should build out of box.

Regards,

Matthias.