[rabbitmq-discuss] Compiling under Windows Vista

mjustin michael.justin at gmx.net
Sat Nov 21 09:01:05 GMT 2009

Hello,

this is my first try to compile RabbitMQ on Windows 7. It looks like I need
some additional software and maybe making some mistakes.

I used Mercurial to download rabbitmq-public-umbrella, rabbitmq-server and
rabbitmq-stomp (in subdirectories of umbrella). I have also installed the
Python kit which is included in the Windows distribution of RabbitMQ, and
GNU make.

The output contains some error messages:

* cut: this command can not be found
* [ seems to be an invalid command
* make says there is no rule to build target »codegen/amqp_codegen.py

Here is the full output:

C:\Users\mj\Desktop\Development\Sandbox\RabbitMQ\rabbitmq-public-umbrella\rabbit
mq-server>cd..

C:\Users\mj\Desktop\Development\Sandbox\RabbitMQ\rabbitmq-public-umbrella>make
Das System kann den angegebenen Pfad nicht finden.
Der Befehl "cut" ist entweder falsch geschrieben oder
konnte nicht gefunden werden.
make -C rabbitmq-server all &&  make -C rabbitmq-codegen all &&  make -C
rabbitm
q-erlang-client all &&  make -C rabbitmq-jsonrpc all &&  make -C
rabbitmq-mochiw
eb all &&  make -C rabbitmq-jsonrpc-channel all &&  make -C rabbitmq-bql all
&&
 make -C rabbitmq-stomp all &&  make -C rabbitmq-smtp all &&  make -C
erlang-rfc
4627 all && true
Der Befehl "[" ist entweder falsch geschrieben oder
konnte nicht gefunden werden.
Der Befehl "[" ist entweder falsch geschrieben oder
konnte nicht gefunden werden.
Der Befehl "[" ist entweder falsch geschrieben oder
konnte nicht gefunden werden.
Der Befehl "[" ist entweder falsch geschrieben oder
konnte nicht gefunden werden.
make[1]: Entering directory
`C:/Users/mj/Desktop/Development/Sandbox/RabbitMQ/ra
bbitmq-public-umbrella/rabbitmq-server'
make[1]: *** Keine Regel vorhanden, um das Target »codegen/amqp_codegen.py«,
  benötigt von »src/rabbit_framing.erl«, zu erstellen.  Schluss.
make[1]: Leaving directory
`C:/Users/mj/Desktop/Development/Sandbox/RabbitMQ/rab
bitmq-public-umbrella/rabbitmq-server'
make: *** [all] Fehler 2

C:\Users\mj\Desktop\Development\Sandbox\RabbitMQ\rabbitmq-public-umbrella>

-----
Michael Justin
SCJP, SCJA
betasoft - Software for Delphi™ and for the Java™ platform
http://www.mikejustin.com - http://www.betabeans.de