[rabbitmq-discuss] Monitoring RabbitMQ - is it possible to extract IO stats from exchanges?

Matthew Sackman matthew at lshift.net
Fri Nov 20 14:05:46 GMT 2009

Hi Anthony,

Everything you wrote makes sense and are perfectly reasonable things to
want to monitor. Monitoring, measuring and management of RabbitMQ is a
large topic and I'm afraid at the moment is still very much a whiteboard
topic - we're still thinking about different ways of doing this and
exactly what we should be measuring. As a result, beyond rabbitmqctl,
there's not really much that's available to you right now.

As usual with us, it's the case that we are aware of the issues and have
been thinking about them, but have a few higher priority items to deal
with first, and unless someone's going to pay us to reorder our todo
list, it's not something that's just around the corner. That said, we
are very aware that a comprehensive solution to monitoring and
management is necessary, and it will be forthcoming, eventually!

Sorry I can't give you better news.

Matthew