[rabbitmq-discuss] list_connections failing

David Wragg david.wragg at lshift.net
Mon Nov 9 15:54:06 GMT 2009

Hi Tim,

Tim Rosenblatt <tim at cloudspace.com> writes:
> I'm running RabbitMQ 1.5.4 on Ubuntu, and when I run `rabbitmqctl
> list_connections`, I usually get the following output
>
> [...]
>
> Obviously it looks like a timeout, but it comes back after only ~5 seconds,
> which seems very short for a timeout. Sometimes this does list the
> connections -- there's only ever 10, which is the correct number -- but it
> often fails. This was working fine until a few days ago, when for no obvious
> reason, it started returning this. I am logged in as root when running this.

This sounds similar to an issue that was fixed in 1.7.0 ("prevent
timeouts of rabbitmqctl when the server is busy").  Could you migrate
to 1.7.0 and see if it solves your problem?

(Note that migrating from 1.5.4 to 1.7.0 involves a database schema
change - see the "Upgrading" section of the release notes at
<http://lists.rabbitmq.com/pipermail/rabbitmq-discuss/attachments/20091007/3aaed239/attachment.txt>)

David

 [][][] David Wragg       | mail: david.wragg at lshift.net
   [][] Senior Developer  | tel: +44 (0)20 7729 7060
 []  [] LShift Ltd        | web: www.lshift.net