[rabbitmq-discuss] a possibility of AMQP/RabbitMQ extension?

Igor Goryachev igor at goryachev.org
Thu Nov 5 16:28:00 GMT 2009

Alexis Richardson <alexis.richardson at gmail.com> writes:

> 1. AMQP is 'programmable' so you can set up lots of messaging
> applications by customer need.

BTW, is it safe to implement i.e. custom methods or some other 'core'
features?

> 2. You can write custom routers aka "exchanges" eg for content based routing
>
> 3. RabbitMQ supports plugins, see eg
> http://www.lshift.net/blog/2009/10/26/http-routing-with-rabbitmq-and-trapeze

Ok. I have already played a bit with rabbit's plugin API inside
'umbrella' development environment. It seems to be fine enough and
really works for me.

> AMQP has destructive reads ie. 'get message', whereas with a long term
> store you want non-destructive reads.  So, currently I would say No to
> that.  It's an interesting idea though.

Well, then we will use real kv-database for this kind of task (at least
for now) and continue using rabbitmq as our middleware service.

Thank you very much for such a quick answer!

    Igor Goryachev              E-Mail/Jabber: igor at goryachev.org