[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq-erlang-client compile issue

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Wed May 27 12:08:01 BST 2009

Hi Sebastian,

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 3:50 PM, Sebastian Latza
<mail at sebastian-latza.de> wrote:
> Hi Ben,
>
> just a short question about the rabbitmq-erlang-client.
> When trying to compile the client amqp_channel.erl it includes
> rabbit_framing.hrl from the rabbitmq_server directory. The problem there is,
> the file is actually called rabbit_framing_spec.hrl . Which is a bit strange
> since it's beeing called that way for over 10 months if i read the repo
> correctly. Have I missed something there or has just nobody noticed this? ;)
>
> Besides that I'm having some additional issues, but I guess these are
> somehow related to my project setup.
>
> $ make
> erlc -I include -o ebin -Wall -v +debug_info src/amqp_channel.erl
> src/amqp_channel.erl:94: record 'basic.consume' undefined
> src/amqp_channel.erl:139: record 'channel.close' undefined
> [...]

rabbit_framing.hrl contains all of the patterns that rabbit needs at
compile time in order to match the various different types of message
types that are passed around within rabbit.

rabbit_framing_spec.hrl contains some specs for success typing, but it
should be orthogonal to including record definitions during plain
erlang compilation (I should think that it is only required for the
dialyze target).

Can you maybe say (on the list :-) which version of the Erlang client
you are using?

HTH,

Ben