[rabbitmq-discuss] New rabbit access control in tip?

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Fri May 15 17:13:18 BST 2009

Eric,

Eric Windisch wrote:

> On May 14, 2009, at 7:19 PM, Aaron Feng wrote:
>> Is this what you are looking for?
>> https://dev.rabbitmq.com/wiki/AccessControlDesign
>
> Yes and no.  This basically reconfirms everything that I already
> determined, even though this is not yet in sync with the actual code.
>  However, what is most important is not covered by this document: the
> definition/syntax of the ConfigurationPermission and MessagingPermission
> arguments.   Until that is documented, tip is unusable.  Thats fine,
> though, it is tip after all.

Presumably by 'tip' you mean "tip of the 'default' branch".

To get the existing behaviour on 'default', set the permissions of users
to ".*", e.g.
   rabbitmqctl set_permissions -p /myvhost matthias ".*" ".*" ".*"

The link above points to some early design docs; the actual
implementation is slightly different and the docs for it will be
published together with the official release of that feature.

Regards,

Matthias.