[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq through firewall (rabbitmq-server patch)

Adam Wentz floppya at gmail.com
Thu May 7 20:35:55 BST 2009

I'm clustering rabbitmq through a firewall and made the following change to
/usr/lib/rabbitmq/bin/rabbitmq-server so we can specify the ports erlang
will use to do the cluster to cluster communication:

 35a36,37
> RABBIT_LISTEN_MIN_DEFAULT=34567
> RABBIT_LISTEN_MAX_DEFAULT=34567
38c40,41
< -kernel inet_default_connect_options [{nodelay,true}]"
---
> -kernel inet_default_connect_options [{nodelay,true}] \
> -kernel inet_dist_listen_min
${RABBIT_LISTEN_MIN:-$RABBIT_LISTEN_MIN_DEFAULT} inet_dist_listen_max
${RABBIT_LISTEN_MAX:-$RABBIT_LISTEN_MAX_DEFAULT}"

You can define RABBIT_LISTEN_MIN and RABBIT_LISTEN_MAX for your own custom
ranges, might want to change the defaults too. I'm posting this in the hopes
that it will either be useful to others or someone will show me a better way
as I'm new to erlang/rabbitmq.