[rabbitmq-discuss] Rabbit accepted into Debian unstable

John Leuner jewel at subvert-the-dominant-paradigm.net
Mon Mar 30 13:57:28 BST 2009

On Fri, 2009-03-27 at 14:37 +0000, Matthias Radestock wrote:
> John,
>
> John Leuner wrote:
> > we should keep in mind that people might be upgrading and downgrading
> > between these debs so they should stay compatible.
>
> We generally do not release more than one debian_version for any given
> upstream_version. So as long as you submit your packages with a
> debian_version that is higher than whatever we released then we should
> be fine, right?

Well, that would prevent conflict between the two different packages,
but we still have to make sure that they don't diverge in any
significant way.

Most importantly it should be possible for the user to remove, install
and upgrade packages without corrupting their data (rabbit queues) or
configuration settings.

John