[rabbitmq-discuss] txAMQP with RabbitMQ Cluster

Terry Jones terry at jon.es
Wed Mar 18 22:39:39 GMT 2009

>>>>> "Alex" == Alex Clemesha <clemesha at gmail.com> writes:

Hi Alex

With respect to your second issue:

Alex> Secondly, and this is where I'm a bit more lost (i.e, the problem may
Alex> or may not lie in the client), can txAMQP handle redirects from
Alex> brokers?  Here is my situation: I have a Rabbit cluster going on ec2
Alex> (see this thread [2]), and right now I'm only connecting to the
Alex> Cluster from another ec2 instance in the same Availability Zone
Alex> (LAN).

Alex> The interesting behavior is this: producing and consuming through the
Alex> Cluster node that I performed the "rabbitmqctl {stop_app, reset,
Alex> cluster nodeA nodeB, start_app}" on *works*.  Trying to connect to
Alex> the *other* cluster node results (in /var/log/rabbitmq/rabbit.log)
Alex> *redirect* messages like so:

Alex> =INFO REPORT==== 18-Mar-2009::21:15:49 ===
Alex> connection <0.804.0> redirecting to
Alex> <<"domU-12-31-39-00-A1-E3.compute-1.internal:5672">>

Alex> and at this point my txAMQP producer client just "hangs", i.e. it
Alex> does not successfully send its message.

Is your client using the internal IP address of the broker server? I.e.,
the one you fetch as the private DNS entry from
http://169.254.169.254/user-data when the instance starts up.

Terry