[rabbitmq-discuss] txAMQP with RabbitMQ Cluster

Alex Clemesha clemesha at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 22:24:09 GMT 2009

Hi,

Can anyone who is using txAMQP (or the author, hi Esteve!) answer a
couple of client related questions?

So, I'm working with the RabbitMQ Cluster, and I'm hitting a couple of
issues.  These issue may still
be arising from my setup of the brokers, but I feel that most likely I
may be having client issues and/or using them wrong.
(I do want to point out that we have been using txAMQP a lot, with
great success, on the project I'm working on,
the Ocean Observatories Initiative (OOI), see here [1])

First, does txAMQP support the "insist" flag?
With py-amqplib, I can do:
conn = amqp.Connection(host="localhost:5672 ", userid="guest",
password="guest", virtual_host="/", insist=True),
can the same be done with txAMPQ?  I've search around + looked in the
source, and haven't found how to yet.

Secondly, and this is where I'm a bit more lost (i.e, the problem may
or may not lie in the client),
can txAMQP handle redirects from brokers?
Here is my situation: I have a Rabbit cluster going on ec2 (see this
thread [2]), and
right now I'm only connecting to the Cluster from another ec2 instance
in the same Availability Zone (LAN).

The interesting behavior is this: producing and consuming through the
Cluster node that I performed the
"rabbitmqctl {stop_app, reset, cluster nodeA nodeB, start_app}" on
*works*.  Trying to connect to the *other*
cluster node results (in /var/log/rabbitmq/rabbit.log) *redirect*
messages like so:

=INFO REPORT==== 18-Mar-2009::21:15:49 ===
connection <0.804.0> redirecting to
<<"domU-12-31-39-00-A1-E3.compute-1.internal:5672">>

and at this point my txAMQP producer client just "hangs", i.e. it does
not successfully send its message.

Any pointers / words of wisdom / tests to try?
Thanks!
-Alex

[1] http://www.oceanobservatories.org/spaces/display/CIDev/Home
[2] http://lists.rabbitmq.com/pipermail/rabbitmq-discuss/2009-March/003534.html