[rabbitmq-discuss] max amount of persisted data

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Tue Mar 17 08:10:52 GMT 2009

Tsuraan,

tsuraan wrote:
> Would replacing the queue currently used for unacked_message_q in
> rabbit_channel.erl with a queue that overflows to a tempfile be
> sufficient to resolve this?

The short answer is 'no'.

I don't really want to go into the details of the proposed disk-based
queue design, and the rationales behind it. Firstly, we haven't worked
it all out yet. Secondly, the explanation would fill several pages and
take a few hours to write - it's a fairly complex piece of work.

Matthias.