[rabbitmq-discuss] application keeps crashing

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 13:27:04 GMT 2009

Matt,

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 8:58 PM, Matt George <matt.george at myemma.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately, I cannot get a copy of that virtual machine right now.
> Earlier you had said that there might be something wrong with the mnesia db.

Yes - the error message you were getting was due to a case clause that
didn't check for the non-existence of the rabbit_config table in
mnesia, because the non-existence of the table is not something that
would normally occur.

> Where would I generally look for that location to see if it's messed up?

Well you would do exactly what you did beforehand, i.e. look at the
directory where you tell Rabbit to put the mnesia files, which is
/var/lib/rabbitmq/mnesia in your case.

> ask because we have a dev server, with the same basic setup as our prod
> server,
> that seems to be working completely fine. Which leads me to think that it
> might be a setup or data issue.
> thanks,

Possibly. This is why is important to able to capture the state of the
VM when the problem happens again, so that we can look into what is
missing and maybe try to find out why.

Ben