[rabbitmq-discuss] FW: Clustering Issue

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Wed Jun 24 02:36:25 BST 2009

Ritesh,

Ritesh Mehta wrote:
> We are currently testing out clustering on RabbitMQ on two servers
> running on Windows. However I am not able to do so.
> [...]
> I also tried implementing it as a service and I had no luck there as
> well. Following is log when I used it as a service
>
> =INFO REPORT==== 23-Jun-2009::10:38:14 ===
>     application: rabbit
>     exited: {{unable_to_join_cluster,
>                  [rabbit at 2269x,rabbit at PC09023],
>                  {merge_schema_failed,
>                      "Incompatible schema cookies. Please, restart from
> old backup.rabbit at 2269x =
> [...]

The above indicates that the basic erlan communication must have been
working, unlike in your non-service example. The problem above is most
likely due to not having 'reset' the db of the node you are joining to
the cluster. I'd recommend starting from a clean install, set up the two
nodes as windows services, ensure that they are working properly, and
then run the stop_app, reset, cluster, start_app sequence on one of the
nodes.

Regards,

Matthias