[rabbitmq-discuss] problem with hg clone http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-dotnet-client/

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Fri Jun 19 06:26:12 BST 2009

Ryan,

Ryan Davis wrote:
> I'm having trouble checking out the .net client source from mercurial
> [...]
> I've tried this using cygwin's hg and TortoiseHG on Windows, and using
> hg on ubuntu, all with a similar errors.  A few other things lead me to
> believe this is a problem with the configuration of the
> rabbitmq-dotnet-client repository:
>
>    1. the zip/bz2/gz archives I can download from
>       http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-dotnet-client/ are all corrupt
>    2. "hg clone http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-java-client/" works
>       perfectly
>    3. the zip archive I downloaded from
>       http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-java-client/ works perfectly
>
> I'm primarily using cygwin with hg version 1.1.

Are you still seeing this problem?

There is nothing special about the .net client repo; the config hasn't
changed and it gets served by the same software as all the other repos.

What is different though is that the repo is larger than some of the
other repos. My guess is that either you are experiencing networking
problems or there is a bug in the hg client.

I suggest trying the following:

- get hold of a more recent version of hg, say 1.2.1
- use a fast, wired connection, from a different location (and
preferably not behind some corp firewall)

Regards,

Matthias.