[rabbitmq-discuss] problem with hg clone http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-dotnet-client/

Ryan Davis ryan at acceleration.net
Thu Jun 18 15:59:35 BST 2009

I'm having trouble checking out the .net client source from mercurial, I
get back two different errors this morning:

$ hg clone http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-dotnet-client/
destination directory: rabbitmq-dotnet-client
requesting all changes
adding changesets
adding manifests
adding file changes
transaction abort!
rollback completed
** unknown exception encountered, details follow
** report bug details to http://www.selenic.com/mercurial/bts
** or mercurial at selenic.com
** Mercurial Distributed SCM (version 1.1)
** Extensions loaded:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/hg", line 20, in <module>
    mercurial.dispatch.run()
  File "dispatch.py", line 20, in run
  File "dispatch.py", line 29, in dispatch
  File "dispatch.py", line 45, in _runcatch
  File "dispatch.py", line 367, in _dispatch
  File "dispatch.py", line 416, in _runcommand
  File "dispatch.py", line 376, in checkargs
  File "dispatch.py", line 361, in <lambda>
  File "util.py", line 715, in check
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/commands.py", line 595, in clone

  File "hg.py", line 215, in clone
  File "localrepo.py", line 2137, in clone
  File "localrepo.py", line 1481, in pull
  File "localrepo.py", line 2029, in addchangegroup
  File "revlog.py", line 1202, in addgroup
  File "changegroup.py", line 31, in chunkiter
  File "changegroup.py", line 21, in getchunk
  File "util.py", line 1662, in read
  File "httprepo.py", line 19, in zgenerator
zlib.error: Error -3 while decompressing: invalid stored block lengths

And later the same day:

$ hg clone http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-dotnet-client/
destination directory: rabbitmq-dotnet-client
requesting all changes
adding changesets
adding manifests
adding file changes
transaction abort!
rollback completed
abort: premature EOF reading chunk (got 1761403 bytes, expected 4715305)

I've tried this using cygwin's hg and TortoiseHG on Windows, and using
hg on ubuntu, all with a similar errors.  A few other things lead me to
believe this is a problem with the configuration of the
rabbitmq-dotnet-client repository:

   1. the zip/bz2/gz archives I can download from
      http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-dotnet-client/ are all corrupt
   2. "hg clone http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-java-client/" works
      perfectly
   3. the zip archive I downloaded from
      http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-java-client/ works perfectly

I'm primarily using cygwin with hg version 1.1.

Thanks,

--
Ryan Davis
Acceleration.net