[rabbitmq-discuss] BrokerUnreachableException on .NET client

Steve Eichert steve.eichert at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 14:59:27 BST 2009

As Aaron mentioned I've run the same code on OSX via mono and have
encountered similar errors.  I've been getting somewhat inconsistent results
depending on how many threads I spin up.  When set to run 500 threads I'm
currently getting the error below [1].  I do get a number of messages sent
to the queue (~24k) and based on the error am assuming the client can't
handle spinning up that many concurrent connections.

[1]
None of the specified endpoints were reachable
Endpoints attempted:
  endpoint=amqp-0-8://localhost:5672, attempts=1, outcome=Too many open
files
Stack trace:
  at RabbitMQ.Client.ConnectionFactory.CreateConnection (Int32 maxRedirects,
RabbitMQ.Client.AmqpTcpEndpoint[] endpoints) [0x00000]
  at RabbitMQ.Client.ConnectionFactory.CreateConnection
(RabbitMQ.Client.AmqpTcpEndpoint[] endpoints) [0x00000]
  at RabbitMQ.Client.ConnectionFactory.CreateConnection (System.String
address) [0x00000]
  at RabbitTest.Program.DoWork () [0x00000]
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: The descriptor is not a socket
  at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.SetSocketOption (SocketOptionLevel level,
SocketOptionName name, Int32 opt_value) [0x00000]
  at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient.set_ReceiveTimeout (Int32 value)
[0x00000]
  at RabbitMQ.Client.Impl.SocketFrameHandler_0_9.set_Timeout (Int32 value)
[0x00000]
  at RabbitMQ.Client.Impl.ConnectionBase.ClosingLoop () [0x00000]
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: The descriptor is not a socket
  at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.SetSocketOption (SocketOptionLevel level,
SocketOptionName name, Int32 opt_value) [0x00000]
  at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient.set_ReceiveTimeout (Int32 value)
[0x00000]
  at RabbitMQ.Client.Impl.SocketFrameHandler_0_9.set_Timeout (Int32 value)
[0x00000]
  at RabbitMQ.Client.Impl.ConnectionBase.ClosingLoop () [0x00000]

Matthias,

Steve ran the exact same code on mono under OSX.  He also encountered some
> errors on the client side.  He will be joining this thread soon.

 Thanks,

 Aaron