[rabbitmq-discuss] Clustering Question

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Mon Jun 8 22:19:24 BST 2009

Jason,

Jason J. W. Williams wrote:
> I'll recheck. The issue we ran into was:
>
> Node A & Node B
>
> Node A contains queue 1.
> Node A dies. Persistent unserviced messages remain in queue 1.
> Queue 1 moves to Node B.
> Node A restarts and rejoins cluster.
> Unserviced messages from before failure, do not replay into queue 1 as
> located now on Node B.

Interesting!

How did you "move" the queue between nodes? That is not a feature that
is supported in RabbitMQ (yet).

I suppose that while node A is down a client may connect to node B and
declare a queue with the same name. I am actually not sure what happens
in that case, and how it affects re-queueing of persisted messages when
node A subsequently recovers. So some test scenarios along these lines
and observations of current behaviour would be very much appreciated.

Regards,

Matthias.