[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbit MQ high-through put stock quotes

Mark Smith msmith1638 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 22:57:21 BST 2009

Hello,Attached is a very simple version of my original experiment. I have
been playing around with the messages per-second and seem to top out at
about 5000 MS per second before the consumer appears to back up. Is this
normal performance? (one broker running on windows with out of the box
settings).
Now what I really want to do is develop a pub sub system for listening to
stock quotes that can handle 1000,000 messages per-second. I have a 8 core
windows server 2003 at my disposal, do you think this is possible?
If so how many brokers do you think I should run?
What would be the optimal way to arrangement for my exchanges and queues to
maximize use of all cores on the broker machine.
How can I use direct queues in a publish subscribe system, I ask because you
mentioned that direct queues are more efficient.

Thanks
Mark

--
Mark Smith