[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ heavy queue managing

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Mon Jun 1 14:57:07 BST 2009

Lev,

Lev Walkin wrote:
> My guess is that RabbitMQ does not like high-performance
> persistent queue operations while other persistent queues contain
> non-zero queues.

That, in a nutshell, is one of the main achilles' heels of the current
persister.

> Or, better, would someone be open to fix it, perhaps for a bit of
> money?

Work on the new persister, which fixes the above and a number of other
issues, is well underway. Contributions to this effort are welcome, and
Alexis will be in touch to discuss the options. We'd also welcome help
in testing the new persister. I'll drop you a line when it's ready.

Regards,

Matthias.