[rabbitmq-discuss] .NET client SimpleRpcServer question

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at lshift.net
Mon Jul 20 16:49:20 BST 2009

Hi Ryan,

Ryan Davis wrote:
> Great!  No worries on the delay, hope you had a great holiday.  I'd like
> to clarify where I'm supposed to call SimpleRpcServer.Close().  Looking
> at the Shutdownable examples in branch bug20945, it looks like I'm
> supposed to send the server a special "shut me down" AMQP message, and
> have the server call Close().  Is that correct?

The example has two styles of call to Close: one from within the
server's own mainloop, as you describe, but also one in a detached
thread sitting outside the mainloop. It seems important to me to be able
to robustly shut down a Subscription from both within and without. So
your original example should work fine, too.

Tony