[rabbitmq-discuss] multiple consumers on one channel?

tsuraan tsuraan at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 17:47:45 BST 2009

> The server is probably "too fast": seeing the first subscription, the
> queue starts relaying out messages and manages to get through a large
> number of them before it sees the second subscription. The queue is an
> asynchronous process, independent of the channel process your client is
> talking to.

Yeah, that's right.  I have a really terrible mental model of how
rabbit works right now.  I know, consciously, that consume is async,
and that the server sends a lot of messages as soon as the first
consume call is made, but somehow it doesn't click in my head.  I'll
get the hang of this sooner or later :)

> If you wanted to experiment with this stuff some more, you could see
> what effect basic.qos has on this behaviour.

Yeah, I'll have a look at that.  Thanks!