[rabbitmq-discuss] BrokerUnreachableException on .NET client

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Fri Jul 17 12:31:42 BST 2009

Aaron Feng wrote:
> I have attached the sample program.

Just FTR, Aaron and I looked into this issue in more depth a few weeks
ago. The problem is purely at the .NET client end - the client is
getting a WSAETIMEDOUT which, according to
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/170046-46-wsaetimedout, is probably
due to the TCP connection attempt timing out. Apparently there are some
registry settings and possible params to tweak, though it turns out that
registry setting has been removed from more recent version of Windows.
"using an asynchronous client socket" (google for it) may help.

I have filed a bug to investigate this further, but it's fairly low
priority since there are very few realistic usage scenarios where the
problem would manifest itself. Meanwhile, anybody familiar with the
Windows & .NET TCP stack is welcome to look into this and submit a patch.

Matthias.