[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ message monitoring directly via Mnesia tables?

Alexis Richardson alexis.richardson at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 11:07:27 BST 2009

Lynton

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 10:48 AM, Lynton
Grice<lynton.grice at logosworld.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>

> If messages are persisted on RabbitMQ can someone interrogate the message
> data by directly accessing the Mnesia tables? Or are the Mnesia tables only
> for admin / configuration data?

Mnesia only stores the routing tables and config data.

> Basically I have a setup where I would like to be able to see message
> details on the queue/s without pulling the messages off.....

Ah yes :-)

I don't think this is currently supported.

> If the messages are not persisted to Mnesia where are they kept? In a file
> on disk?

Yes, that is correct.  Messages are journalled to disk for recovery.

One thing that people have asked for is 'pluggable persistence' in
which messages can also be stored in $YOUR_FAVOURITE_DATABASE

alexis