[rabbitmq-discuss] Is there a use case for a queue with auto_delete=True and durable=True?

Brian Sullivan bsullivan at lindenlab.com
Fri Jan 23 17:33:26 GMT 2009

Hi Barry,

Just for the record, I think I agree that the defaults should be
towards minimizing leftovers on the server unless specifically
desired.  So I think that setting auto_delete = true and durable =
false by default makes sense.  The sometimes unfortunate bit is that
to get what I was expect for "durable" queues, I need to set both flag
in the opposite.

My only question here I guess is a curiosity one - is there a use case
for having an auto-deleting, but durable queue?  I did look through
the spec again but didn't find something along these lines.

Sorry Ben, I agree I should have sent this directly to the list.  ;)

Thanks all,
Brian