[rabbitmq-discuss] Monitoring Question

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 01:52:02 GMT 2009

Jason,

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 12:32 AM, Jason J. W. Williams
<jasonjwwilliams at gmail.com> wrote:
> Right now I don't want the producers being throttled. Just want to
> know when the queue is above a warning threshold for a sustained
> amount of time. The application is such that normally the consumers
> will be able to keep up, except for occasional and temporal "floods"
> from customers which the consumers will eventually catch up with.

OK, but what constitutes the threshold? Is it something of any
relevance? If it is, and is exceeded, would you not be inclined to
throttle producers lest this threshold actually indicate that the
broker cannot accept any more messages?

OTOH, you might be interested in queue paging, but I would silly to
entertain another discussion thread about this :-)

Ben