[rabbitmq-discuss] Durable exchanges

Valentino Volonghi dialtone at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 01:10:58 GMT 2009

On Jan 12, 2009, at 4:46 PM, Ben Hood wrote:

> Valentino,
>
> On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 12:31 AM, Valentino Volonghi <dialtone at gmail.com
> > wrote:
>> Well... Yes, it's just annoying because then I need to replicate
>> this call
>> in every
>> place where I need a durable exchange and it would be a lot easier
>> if it was
>> part
>> of the client api (I attached patches for the stuff that I needed
>> in this
>> ML, and I see
>> that part of the things are already there in the recent client
>> revisions).
>
> Your patches have not been forgotten or binned. I was talking to
> Matthias about them just today. I just haven't had much time to
> concentrate on too much Rabbit stuff lately due to client commitments.
> Also, we've been pushing a lot of substancial patches through the
> client lately and I wanted to apply yours after a whole lot of
> re-arranging (and shovel as well).

Don't worry, I'm really not complaining, from what I see in tip 3 of 6
of the patches
I sent are basically useless because there's a way to do the same
thing with the
recent API.

For shovel I think I changed a lot in shovel.erl and I'm not sure how
much of it
I shared, if at all. I think I have a public repo on github with the
changes so anyone
is free to take them if they find them worthy. I'm updating it right
now with the last
changes I made so that it works with the rabbitmq-erlang-client out of
the box.

Hope it Helps.

--
Valentino Volonghi aka Dialtone