[rabbitmq-discuss] Fwd: Public & Private Areas

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 00:24:24 GMT 2009

Daniel,

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 12:08 AM, Daniel N <has.sox at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, basically what I'd like to do is provide access in a public fashion.
> I'm used to HTTP so I thought of that.  I'm really interested to understand
> other good ways to do it though.

If you want/need to constrict yourself to a browser as a UI, then you
will probably have to restrict yourself to what HTTP allows you to do.

Having said that, Tony has hacked this cool adapter for JS:
http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-http2/

I think there is a blog for this as well - just can't find it yet.

Derek Wischusen has also done Flash with RabbitMQ over Stomp using
this adapter: http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-stomp/

On a different technology plane, there is this Flash based library
that uses the AS3 socket interface:
http://github.com/0x6e6562/as3-amqp/tree/master

The guys from Orbiter have knocked up a proxy that you can use JS to
speak via socket as well.

Just a few ideas, there are many more (especially if you are not
targeting a browser).

Ben