[rabbitmq-discuss] Fwd: Public & Private Areas

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 00:03:18 GMT 2009

Daniel,

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 11:54 PM, Daniel N <has.sox at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah it is.  But by exposing it via a HTTP front for public clients, I can
> keep the RabbitMQ network private, since my front end app can recieve the
> message, and push it into the exchanges behind the scenes.

I don't see why the public front end *has* to be HTTP, but that's
probably because I'm old fashioned.

IMHO if your public front end can use a raw socket, then this can open
a world of opportunities up to you - i.e. just connect directly to the
exchange.

However, if you think that HTTP is a good idea, I'm sure that there
are some people on this list that will encourage you.

Hen

Ben