[rabbitmq-discuss] does anybody depend on Erlang/OTP R11?

Toby White toby.o.h.white at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 17 12:54:54 GMT 2009

This may not affect your decision, but we're running Ubuntu Hardy
specifically because of the promise of long term support, and Hardy is
stuck at R11B5.

There are probably backports available, and in extremis we can compile
up erlang ourselves, but obviously we'd rather stick as close to the
supported package versions as possible. So unless Hardy is upgraded,
there will be a barrier to us (and anyone else in this situation)
following any Rabbit releases which depend on later versions.

Toby