[rabbitmq-discuss] does anybody depend on Erlang/OTP R11?

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Tue Feb 17 11:13:05 GMT 2009

To date RabbitMQ has been targeting Erlang/OTP R11 - it runs fine on
more recent releases but the code only has dependencies on R11 APIs, our
"binary" distributions are compiled for R11 (if they were compiled for
R12 they wouldn't run on an R11 Erlang), and our Windows bundle contains
R11B-5.

R11 is getting quite old and we'd like to start targeting R12B-3 so that
we can take advantage of some of the features introduced in the later
releases, and ditch the various workarounds we have in place for R11 bugs.

R12B-3 or later is available as a package for many OS distributions,
such as Ubuntu Intrepid, EPEL and macports. However, we have been
holding back on the switch to R12 because the stable Debian distribution
only contained R11. With the release of Debian "lenny" a few days ago
that has changed - it contains R12B-3.

So my question is this:

Does anybody have a dependency on running the R11 version of Erlang/OTP?

Regards,

Matthias.