[rabbitmq-discuss] TCP/SSL Listeners stuck, not responding

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Wed Dec 16 23:28:56 GMT 2009

Mark,

Mark Steele wrote:
> By stop working:
>  - SSL port is still open (see netstat output from previous email)
>  - SSL client sending data to the server (see tcpdump output from
> previous email)
>  - Rabbit/erlang is not responding with any data (see tcpdump/strace
> output from previous email)
>
> It appears like the three-way TCP handshake works, then nothing...

We recently fixed a bug in the ssl acceptor code that could cause it to
block, i.e. a client could still connect to the port but nothing would
happen. That seems to match your symptoms.

So, if you can, please try the most recent 'default' branch of the
server from our mercurial repository.

Regards,

Matthias.