[rabbitmq-discuss] load balancing for consummer

Benoit Chesneau bchesneau at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 10:54:30 BST 2009

Hi,

I've a consummer using erlang-rabbitmq-client
http://www.friendpaste.com/1vohm5UA0oZpcDyONuikHy.

it workss well,but if rabbitmq server hangs all the app hangs. Seem
I'm unable to catch the EXIT message from channel gen_serv,  I've the
idee to setup a rabbitmq cluster and if one node fails just use
another using a list of connexions. I odn't know if it's possible.
Obviously I should the same on the sender. Any idee ow I could simply
do some loadbalancing to another rabbitmq node ? If I could catch the
EXIT part I may eventually be abble  to do that. Maybe there are
better solution.

I use rabbitmq-server 1.6.0 and revision #d522704ccd77 of
erlang-rabbitmq-client.

- benoît