[rabbitmq-discuss] Feedback on erlang rabbitmq client (default branch)

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 17:31:45 BST 2009

Juhani,

On 8/21/09, Juhani Ränkimies <juhani at juranki.com> wrote:
> In amqp_client.hrl #amqp_params.host defaults to  <<"localhost">>.
> Should be a string.

Ooops, I wonder how that slipped past testing. I've just pushed out a
fix for this.

> Rabbitmq headers are included from amqp_client.hrl like this:
> -include_lib("rabbit_common/include/rabbit.hrl").
> -include_lib("rabbit_common/include/rabbit_framing.hrl").
>
> At least in my setup they didn't load without playing a little with
> $ERL_LIB.

Yes, you can waste a fair bit of time with the ERL_LIBS gotchas.
Basically you need to unpack any archive if you want the compiler to
read the include_lib headers. The include directory also needs to have
a sibling directory called ebin, even if it is empty.

> Eagerly waiting for 1.7,

Crashing a server near you soon :-)

Ben