[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq-c versus MSYS

Michael Nacos m.nacos at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 15:58:35 BST 2009

Hi all,

I have been trying to compile the rabbitmq-c client on Windows using mingw
and msys and I am wondering if anyone else has tried this before.
I have managed to compile several things into DLLs in this way, the
rabbitmq-c library should be a possibility, too.
autoreconf -i worked (after upgrading autoconf) and the configure step was
ok. Then I get:

make  all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory `/c/Projects/rabbitmq-c'
Making all in librabbitmq
make[2]: Entering directory `/c/Projects/rabbitmq-c/librabbitmq'
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `codegen/amqp-0.8.json', needed by
`amqp_framing.h'.  Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/c/Projects/rabbitmq-c/librabbitmq'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/Projects/rabbitmq-c'
make: *** [all] Error 2

then again, there is no python support in MSYS. IYO, what would be the best
way forward?

regards,

Michael