[rabbitmq-discuss] Unique Messages in Queue

Vidit Drolia viditdrolia at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 17:56:00 BST 2009

Hi Tony,

There *may* be a one or more duplicates per day. The message source is
Amazon SQS and it does not guarantee that a message is deleted even
after issuing a delete command. Nor do I get an acknowledgement
confirming that the message is deleted. Thus, I am trying to make my
system immune to the constraints imposed by SQS. I am assuming that I
will be able to delete the message within a day but till I did so, my
application needs to be sure that the duplicates are not introduced
into the system.

Best,

Vidit

--