[rabbitmq-discuss] Unique Messages in Queue

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at lshift.net
Tue Aug 4 17:39:05 BST 2009

Hi Vidit,

You wrote, at the start of this thread, that you "have a message source
that may provide duplicate messages". What kinds of duplicates are we
talking here? One per minute for the next six years, or the occasional
duplicate within a minute of the original followed by no more duplicates
ever?

If it's the former, then a long-term memory is clearly required; if the
latter (i.e. you're coping with the normal possibility of
duplication-because-of-connection-failure-etc), then a simple memory of
say an hour's worth of processed message IDs ought to be enough.

Regards,
  Tony