[rabbitmq-discuss] about the clustering of rabbitmq

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at lshift.net
Tue Aug 4 16:51:40 BST 2009

femto Zheng wrote:
> 'Nodes in a cluster perform some basic load balancing by responding to
> client connection attempts with AMQP's connection.redirect method as
> appropriate',

It's also worth pointing out here that connection.redirect is a bit of a
crude, blunt weapon, and in fact has been *removed* for AMQP 0-9-1. When
we transition to 0-9-1, it will no longer be available: it will be up to
clients to know how to connect to the broker. This seems like a
limitation, but I personally view it as an improvement: it means that
AMQP concentrates on *messaging*, and leaves load balancing up to load
balancers -- as it should :-)

Regards,
  Tony
--
 [][][] Tony Garnock-Jones     | Mob: +44 (0)7905 974 211
   [][] LShift Ltd             | Tel: +44 (0)20 7729 7060
 []  [] http://www.lshift.net/ | Email: tonyg at lshift.net