[rabbitmq-discuss] AMQP and Python

Oliver Beattie oliver at obeattie.com
Thu Apr 23 16:54:41 BST 2009

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to get some advice on using RabbitMQ (well, of course, more
generally AMQP) from Python. We are going to be using RabbitMQ to queue
background jobs for our Django application to queue a lot of back-end tasks,
and I was wondering if anyone has experience doing this with Python?

So, as far as I can see I have three options open to me:
   * Qpid
   * txAMQP
   * py-amqplib

But from what I can gather from my pokings around on the interwebs, none of
them are that widely used? In terms of maturity, Qpid seems to be the most
solid of the lot… would anyone agree? I also noticed something called
carrot, but frankly that looks a little iffy to me.

In short, I really don't know which way to go. Performance is very important
for us, so the library that performs the best is obviously preferable. If
anyone has experience or advice they can give, I'd love to hear which way
you'd go :)
Thanks!
Oliver