[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ Erlang API questions

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Sat Apr 11 00:03:50 BST 2009

Lev,

Lev Walkin wrote:
> The text "on how WE use mercurial" is not helping in detecting your
> intention, we need "information how YOU should use mercurial",
> conceptually.

Good point. I've changed the wording for this.

> I propose adding something as the very next row right after
> rabbitmq-erlang-client snapshot. Something like
>
> || To get snapshot matching the latest released 1.5.4 server code: ||
> hg clone -v1_5 ... || browse repo ||

I can see how that would be useful but it may need some more tweaking.
Firstly, ideally I'd like to avoid adding info that needs to be manually
tweaked per release - our release process is already complicated enough
as it is. Also, the same info would have to be added for all the other
extensions. That's (just about) ok when it's just a single sentence -
the reference to the mercurial instructions is an example of that - but
anything beyond that becomes bloat.

Matthias.