[rabbitmq-discuss] Durable queues & bindings

Levi Greenspan greenspan.levi at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 8 21:53:27 BST 2009

Dear list members,

I have a question w.r.t. clustering. Durable exchanges seem to survive
individual node crashes, but neither do queues and bindings if I am not
mistaken. The clustering guide [1] states:

"An exception to this [data & state replication] are message queues,
which currently only reside on the node that created them, though they
are visible and reachable from all nodes. Future releases of RabbitMQ
will introduce migration and replication of message queues."

Even though bindings are not mentioned I wanted to ask:

1. Is there an approximate time schedule, when to expect queue
replication in a cluster?

2. Assuming queues are replicated in a cluster, will I also get durable
bindings?

Many thanks for your replies!

Cheers,
Levi