[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ Erlang API questions

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Fri Apr 10 14:17:33 BST 2009

Lev,

Lev Walkin wrote:
> Matthias Radestock wrote:
>> I think the instructions at http://www.rabbitmq.com/mercurial.html
>> cover that, don't they?
>
> 1. There is no mentioning that the erlang client branch should match the
> server version.

"It's important to make sure that all the repositories you are using are
on the same tag as each other."

> 2. There is no information that despite the requirement that client
> branch must somehow "correspond" to the server branch, there is no
> v1_5_4 branch in the erlang client. The client only has v1_5 tag, no
> v1_5_[34].

"If there is no specific tag for a repository for the version of the
server you are using, try using the newest tag that has the same major
and minor version number."

> 3. There is no clear indication that in order to use -1.5.4 server, the
> client should be checked out using v1_5 branch.

"Another alternative for this hypothetical situation would be to use the
tip of the 1.5.x branch:"

> And so on.

Granted, the instructions could definitely be improved. Do you have some
concrete suggestions? If you send me some updated text I'd be happy to
incorporate it.

Matthias.