[rabbitmq-discuss] Stomp frame not terminated with null character

Jonatan Kallus jonatan at heysan.com
Fri Sep 12 02:04:56 BST 2008

I am trying to use the php5 stomp client with rabbitmq and the stomp
gateway (using rabbitmq server 1.4.0 and revision from Wed Jul 16
11:10:07 2008 of the stomp gateway).

Problem is that the frames sent back from rabbitmq does not seem to be
terminated with a null character. The 'CONNECTED' frame ends with an
empty line and the 'MESSAGE' frame just ends.

When I simply let each read time out, the rest of the set up seems to
be working.

As far as I understand, the protocol states that all frames should end
with a null character, (even when the header contains the length of
the message).

Is this an issue with my configuration or me losing the null character
in some way between the server and the client?

As a side note, the examples in the stomp protocol definition shows a
space between <key>: and <value>, whereas the stomp gateway
interpreted 'login: guest' as a log in try with the username ' guest',
thus failing.