[rabbitmq-discuss] Exchanges, Routing, and AMQP

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 15:03:33 BST 2008

Kirk,

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 5:45 PM, Kirk Wylie <kirk at kirkwylie.com> wrote:
> Also, John O'Hara piped up on the Blog post where I told everybody who
> reads said drivel-filled-narcissistic-writing
> (http://kirkwylie.blogspot.com/2008/10/amqp-exchanges-and-routing-thread-on.html)
> that apparently this has all been resolved in the 1.0 draft, which I'm
> QUITE eager to see.
>
> Hopefully that will resolve this!

There is a subtle difference between specifying an architecture and
verifying it's implementability and fitness for purpose.

If the latter was of no relevance, then you would never have a
situation where a specification is written but not completely
implemented.

I have no qualms about the intention of what you are suggesting, I am
just checking whether it is feasible to implement it.

> We should have this over on the AMQP lists - but I've forgotten if there are user mail lists (poor show).

BTW John: Should user mailing lists on AMQP not exist, my practical
suggestion to you is to subscribe and post to the Rabbit list just for
this topic.

That way you can express your ideas to an interested community and
keep things in context.

Ben